history


 
 
 

For more than 80 years Schabmüller has been a competent and reliable partner for customers and business partners. Here are the milestones of our company history:

1924
Schabmüller electric motor repair shop founded by Franz Schabmüller in Ingolstadt

1955
Production start of asynchronous motors for agricultural applications

1969
Foundation of the Berching plant

1975
Delivery start of complete motor-in-wheel drive systems

1986
Extension of the production facility in Berching: 8100 sqm production and 1200 sqm administration area

1989
Franz Schabmüller jun. sold the company to the Swedish Garphyttan group

1991
A year of records: With 511 employees Schabmüller reached a turnover of 63 Mio. DM
Implementation of future-oriented production methods like armature coil insertation and soft welding

1993
Development start of low voltage AC, to meet the trend in the material handling market right in time.

1996
Certification to DIN ISO 9001

2000
Start of the Kaizen-project for a continuous improvement of work-flow and processes

2001
Installation of modern production lines for AC-motors and start of serial production

2003
Implementation of methods and tools for quality assurance (in addition to ISO 9001 also tools of TS 16949 / QS 9000)

2005
Start of "Lean Production" in the production lines and administration

2006
Development start of new products beside the material handling industry (hybrid-systems for construction and agricultural machines, permanent magnetic motors)

2012
The ZAPI Group acquires Schabmüller and complements its product portfolio